Placing an Order
Ordering from toysrus.ca or babiesrus.ca is fast, easy, and secure. Please note, as demand for toys and baby products ordered online has increased since COVID-19, shipping times are taking longer than we’d like. Currently, it will take 6-8 business days for your order to arrive, depending on the location. We currently ship orders via Canada Post and Purolator so the total time it takes to get an order may vary.
- Find the Items you want
How do I refine my search results?
You can refine or filter the results by using the filters on the left side of each page. You can narrow the results by category/brand/age/gender/price/availability.
I am not sure what I am looking for, how do I browse products?
You can use the navigation on the left side to browse a category, and continue to filter or refine your results as you browse. For example: If you are looking for Transformers, you would select Action Figures, Transformers and then you can filter the results by price or brand.
- You can easily find the item online by entering the product number or product name in the search box located at the top of every page on our site. The product number is a five or six-digit number noted on the ad next to the item or on the product page, below the product name. Example: 441775 or "Sophie the Giraffe".
- Search by selecting from the list of categories, ages or brands, located at the top of the page or on the left side of each page on the site.
- Select a Shipping Option
If you wish to do an InStore Pick up (Curbside Pick Up), select the store from the list under add to cart and click “Add to Cart”
If you wish to have the product ship to you, simply click ‘Add to Cart”
- Return to shopping: If you wish to continue shopping after reviewing the contents of your Cart, click “continue shopping” from the cart and continue to search our website. You can return to your Cart at any time by clicking on "Cart" at the top of the page.
The Baby Registry purchases in your Cart: If you add an item(s) to your Cart from The Baby Registry, this item(s) will be identified as such in your Cart. The corresponding registry will be updated once you make your purchase to help avoid duplicate gifts.
- Proceed to Checkout - Once you're done shopping, click "Go to Checkout" to purchase the item(s) in your Cart. Our checkout process is fast, easy and secure. Click here to review our secure shopping guarantee for more detail.
Can I ship to multiple addresses?
Shipping to multiple addresses allows you to send products in your shopping cart to more than one shipping address in just one order. For example, if you would like to send items in your order to two different addresses, enter both addresses in your Address Book during Checkout, and select the destination for each item when instructed. You can also select a different shipping method for each item. You do not need to place separate orders.
- Log in to your account or enter as a Guest
- Enter/Confirm the Shipping & Billing Address - We offer the option of splitting your order to be sent to multiple shipping addresses. The option is available at the top of the Shipping address page.
Please verify your shipping information before you proceed. We are unable to make any changes to the shipping destination once your order has been submitted. Please ensure to include the unit number and buzzer number (if applicable).
- Select Shipping Option - Select a shipping option for your items, and click "Continue Checkout". Please note, as demand for toys and baby products ordered online has increased since COVID-19, shipping times are taking longer than we’d like. Currently, it will take 6-8 business days for your order to arrive, depending on the location. We currently ship orders via Canada Post and Purolator so the total time it takes to get an order may vary.
- Enter Billing Address - Enter your billing address in the appropriate spaces. When you're finished, enter the payment method you wish to use and click “review your order”. Your name and billing address must be entered exactly as they appear on your credit card monthly billing statement to avoid any delay in the authorization process or cancelation of your order. If you are not paying with a credit card, this information will enable us to contact you about the status of your order (if needed). .
How to redeem promotional codes:
Any promotional discounts will be reflected in the Order Summary section.
Gift Cards - If you wish to pay using a Toys "R" Us / Babies "R" Us gift card, enter the gift card number from your card and PIN and click "Apply". Maximum 3 Gift Cards per transaction. Gift Cards - If you wish to pay using a Toys "R" Us / Babies "R" Us gift card, enter the gift card number from your card and PIN and click "Apply". Maximum 3 Gift Cards per transaction.
Confirm that your billing information is correct, select a payment method, and click "Continue Checkout".
- Promotion/Discount Code - If you have a Promotion/Discount Code, click on the + sign located above the order summary "Enter promotional code”. Enter your code and click "Submit".
- Enter the code(s) in the "Promotional Code" field and then click "Submit." Codes are CaSeSeNsItIvE.
- Promotional codes need to be entered one at a time. Using multiple promotional codes might void promotions that have already been applied.
- Promotional codes can be applied up to your order's total value.
- If accepted, the code will display with a "Your code XXX has been applied” in the promotional code box and your discount will appear in the order summary. If you add or delete a promotional code, your order summary will update accordingly.
- If not accepted, the code will display with a "Oops! Sorry! We’re unable to use the promo code you’ve entered”. Here are possible reasons your code wasn't accepted:
- The code entered was not within the valid effective dates.
- The code does not apply on item(s) ending in $0.94
- The code does not apply on Clearance item(s) ending in $0.08
- The code is not applicable on video games and video game hardware.
- Many codes are one-time use. You've already used this code on a previous order.
- The code entered was mistyped.
- The purchase threshold of the promotional code has not been met.
- Your order has not met all of the promotional requirements. Additional exclusions may apply, see your specific coupon for details.
- Complete Your Order - Please review your entire order including your shipping address, shipping method(s), and billing information. At this point, you can still edit the information. You will see your applied discounts and promotions, total charges, and gift options. Once you've verified that all the information is accurate, complete your purchase by clicking on "Review Your Order" and then "Place Order".
Please note: We cannot guarantee the change or cancelation of an order once it has been placed. See the Changing or Cancelling Your Order page for more information.
Price Match Policy
If you find a lower price online, instore or print we will Price Match. Click here for conditions.
For price match of an in store purchase, please visit a Store with the original receipt.
For price match of an online purchase, please submit your request here.
If an online order has been canceled and you locate the item in one of our Stores, simply present a copy of the cancelation email and we will PRICE MATCH at store. Simply present the copy of the cancelation email (printed or on mobile) showing the cancelation and the online deal price.
I saw an item in your advertisements, how do I find it online?
Most items printed in our advertisements are available online. You can easily find the item online by entering the product number or product name in the search box located at the top of every page on our site. The product number is a five or six-digit number noted on the ad next to the item. Example: 441775 or "Sophie the Giraffe".
*Some pricing may vary from online to instore.
To view our online flyer, click on the "R Flyer" located at the top of the page.
You can also shop our weekly sale items by clicking "Deals" link at the top of the page.
Electronic and Environmental Handling Fee
ECO Fees (or the EHF - Electronic and Environmental Handling Fee) are fees collected on behalf of the provincial government. This is not a tax. The amount of the fee varies depending on the item and the province sets the fees annually. Toys"R"Us must remit the fee to the provincial government. The fee is used to encourage the reuse and recycling of electronics and it is currently being collected, where required .
Toys"R"Us collects this fee for the following items:
- All personal/portable image, audio and video devices
- Radios, Stereos and speakers
- Baby Monitor
If a product is returned to a store and refunded, the EHF is also refunded.
We reserve the right at any time to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order for any reason whatsoever. If the price of any product you order was incorrectly displayed on our Web Site, we will provide you with an opportunity to place an order at the correct price.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Visa Credit/Debit
- MasterCard Credit/Debit
- American Express (for egift card purchase only)
- Canadian issued "R" Us Gift Cards
- PayPal (online only)
- Cash (instore only)
We do not accept the following forms of payment:
- Personal Checks
- Layaway Plans
Important information: For your security, your billing name, address, and phone number must match the information that appears on your credit card monthly billing statement. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not match these criteria.
Authorization Holds: Any order, or attempted order, placed using a credit card/Paypal will reflect an authorization hold. While this hold appears to be a deduction from your available funds that is equal to the dollar amount of the order, the money is still in your account. This authorization hold is simply to ensure the funds are available to complete your order. Although most holds last for 3 to 7 business days, the duration of these holds can vary greatly, please contact your card-issuing bank for their policy regarding authorization holds.
Toysrus.ca currently only accepts orders paid with Credit Card with a Canadian Billing Address
All goods and services sold or provided in Canada are subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax ("GST") at 5% including items, shipping, and special handling. In addition, Provincial Sales Tax ("PST") or Harmonized Sales Tax ("HST") might apply, depending on the item and the destination of the shipment. The amount of sales tax charged to an order varies depending on the province the item(s) will be shipped to and local sales tax laws. You will be able to see the sales tax amount before submitting your order.
Tax is calculated on the total selling price of each individual item and any shipping/handling in accordance with applicable tax laws.
Groups eligible for GST exemption placing online order should file a GST rebate claim with Revenue Canada.
Redeeming a Gift Card
Toys“R”Us Canada honours all Canadian issued gift cards. We will not accept gift cards issued in the U.S. or other countries. A credit cannot be issued on the order for tax exemption.
Redeem a Canadian issued Gift Card or a Canadian Issued eGift Card online
- Go to babiesrus.ca or toysrus.ca and select the items you want to purchase.
- When you are ready to checkout, click "Cart".
- Proceed through the checkout.
- Enter your gift card number and PIN from the card on the Payment Page and click "Apply". When making a purchase online you may redeem up to three Gift Cards per order.
You may use eligible promotional codes when placing an order that can be paid for with Toys"R"Us Gift Cards.
Please make sure you hold on to all Gift Cards used in your purchase until your order arrives. If your order cannot be fulfilled, credit is issued or you need to return any items, credit will be issued on the original method of payment.
Redeeming Canadian issued Gift Cards at a Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"US Store
At the register, present the Gift Card as you would any other form of payment. If you are using an eGift card, please ensure to print and present the eGift Card email showing the eGift Card Number, PIN and Bar code. The amount you spend will be deducted from your Gift Card balance.
How Can I Purchase a Gift Card Online?
- Go to our Gift Card purchase page located at the top of each page and follow the instructions to checkout.
- The "eGift card" allows you to email a card to a recipient’s email address which they should receive within an hour.
Rules and Regulations for Gift Cards:
- Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash or returned for a refund.
- A maximum of three Canadian issued Gift Cards may be applied to an order.
- Canadian issued Gift Cards may be applied toward the price, shipping, and tax charges for eligible items.
- Paper gift certificates that were purchased in Toys "R" Us stores may not be applied to online orders.
- We will not accept gift cards issued in the U.S. or other countries.
Checking "R"Us Gift Card Balance
- For balance inquiry, call 1-866-345-5656
PayPal™ is an alternate method for purchasing your order. It enables any individual or business with an email address to securely send payments online. With a PayPal account, you can choose to pay with your credit card, debit card, bank account, or PayPal account balance for any purchase you make. Your credit card and bank numbers are never seen by the seller or merchant. Plus, you're 100% protected against unauthorized payments sent from your account.
- If you select PayPal as your payment option, you will continue through the standard checkout process then automatically proceed to PayPal.com to complete your payment.
- Once you have been redirected to paypal.com, you will have 25 minutes to complete the payment before your order is cancelled.
For more information, visit the PayPal Help Center.