Delivery & Charges
Before you place your order
Shipping Options & Rates
Please note, as demand for toys and baby products ordered online has increased since COVID-19, shipping times are taking longer than we’d like. Currently, it will take 6-8 business days for your order to arrive, depending on the location. We currently ship orders via Canada Post, Purolator and other local carriers so the total time it takes to get an order may vary.
We ship to most locations in Canada except P.O. Boxes and some remote locations. See the list further below for remote postal codes.
A0K, A0N, A0P, E4W, E5A, E5C, E7K, G0G, J0M, P0L, P0T, P0V, R0B, R0C, S0A, S0C, S0E, S0G, S0H, S0J, S0M, T0H, T0K, T0P, V0C, V0J, V0L, V0N, V0P, V0R, V0T, V0V, X0A, X0B, X0C, X0E, X0G, Y0A, Y0B
What are your shipping options and shipping rates?
At Toys"R"Us, we try to offer you the least expensive shipping rates.
To achieve this goal, we have obtained the service of these shipping carriers (Purolator, Canada Post, Metroland, CornerStone and CanPar to name a few). When you place items in your shopping cart and place the order, it calculates the shipping cost based on the weight and dimension of the items, the shipping method you selected and the destination of your items. At checkout, you will be prompted to choose a shipping method. However, some items can only be shipped using the Standard shipping option.
Your total shipping will be calculated automatically during checkout prior to the completion of your order You will be provided with your order's actual total shipping cost during checkout.
Shipping policies and delivery windows are subject to change. In the case where national carriers are unavailable we may use other local third party carriers to service customers.
Please note, as demand for toys and baby products ordered online has increased since COVID-19, shipping times are taking longer than we’d like. Currently, it will take 6-8 business days for your order to arrive, depending on the location. We currently ship orders via Canada Post, Purolator and other local carriers so the total time it takes to get an order may vary. Each shipping method has its own restrictions and charges that will be applied to your order and are based upon a simple calculation of order processing time and actual shipping time in business days. Please note that business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays in Canada.
Oversized items may incur a delay in shipping as there will be special delivery requirements. This delay will be noted in the tracking details of your order. These products cannot be expedited.
Please note we cannot ship larger items to a PO Box number. If we are unable to complete the delivery of your order to the address provided, we will attempt to contact you to verify the address or might have to cancel the order.
Are there any rules and restrictions I should know about?
Please be aware of the following:
- Orders are shipped on business days only. Business days are Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding Holidays in Canada.
- Orders cannot be shipped to a Post Office Box or Some Rural Route addresses.
- Delivery of oversized items directly to customers in certain remote locations may not be possible or may incur additional delivery charges. In these instances, a customer service representative will contact you to discuss the handling of your order.
- Please allow for additional shipping and handling time for all oversized products shipping via a freight trucking company. These products cannot be expedited.
- Certain products we carry are not permitted for sale to addresses in the Province of Quebec under the following terms of The Charter of the French Language, "Toys or games, except those referred to in section 52.1, which require the use of a non-French vocabulary for their operation are prohibited on the Quebec market, unless a French version of the toy or game is available on the Quebec market on no less favourable terms".
- The delivery fee for freight item includes the delivery of the item to the garage or the main entrance. The item will NOT be delivered in the house or apartment. For delivery in apartment building, the delivery might be left at the main door of the building, if a concierge is there to accept it.
Calculating Your Delivery Date: Pre-Order Items
Pre-Order items are available for purchase on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website in advance of the manufacturer's general public release date. Pre-Order items are shipped directly to you once the stated release date arrives and you will be notified of your order status via email. You will not be charged for any item until it is shipped to you. Your order will ship within 1-2 business days after the release date. Release dates may vary based on the manufacturer.
How can I tell if an item is Available?
If an item is available on our site, you will see a green check mark beside "Ship-to-home” or “Free In-Store Pickup today” on the product detail page.
If you do not see the green check mark, the item is temporarily out of stock and cannot be ordered at that time. An item could be available for “Ship-to-home” and not available for “Free In-Store Pickup today” or vice-versa.
You do have the option however to add an out of stock item to your Baby Registry!
What carriers are used in shipping Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us orders?
Does "Free Shipping" promo apply to all items?
Certain items we offer do carry associated shipping charges either per item or per order amount. Shipping charges will apply if your order is less than $75, contains heavy or oversized items, and/or is being shipping to a location that does not qualify for free shipping, particularly remote locations. In these cases, free shipping is not available and extra shipping charges may apply.
Which postal codes are not part of your “free shipping” promotion?
Postal codes starting with the following 3 characters, are not eligible for our free shipping promotion:
A0A, A0B, A0C, A0E, A0G, A0H, A0J, A0L, A0M, A0R, A2H, A8A, B0C, B0E, B0H, B0J, B0M, B0N, B0R, B0T, B0V, B1C, B1K, B1X, B1Y, B2C, B9A, C0A, E2A, E3L, E3N, E4A, E4B, E4C, E4E, E4M, E4S, E4T, E4X, E4Y, E4Z, E5A, E5B, E5C, E5E, E5G, E5J, E5L, E5M, E5N, E5P, E5R, E5T, E5V, E6A, E6B, E6C, E6E, E6G, E6H, E6J, E6K, E7A, E7B, E7E, E7G, E7H, E7J, E7L, E7M, E7N, E7P, E8A, E8B, E8E, E8G, E8T, E9A, E9B, E9C, E9E, E9H, G0C, G0H, G0J, G0K, G0R, G0T, G0V, G4T, G8E, G8L, G8M, J0K, J0T, J0V, J0W, J0X, J0Y, J0Z, J8E, J8G, J9E, J9P, J9Y, K0H, K0J, P0A, P0B, P0G, P0H, P0J, P0K, P0L, P0M, P0N, P0P, P0R, P0S, P0T, P0W, P0X, R0A, R0C, R0E, R0G, R0K, R0H, R0J, R0L, R0M, S0A, S0C, S0E, S0G, S0H, S0J, S0K, S0L, S0M, S0N, S0P, T0A, T0B, T0C, T0E, T0G, T0J, T0K, T0L, T0M, T0P, T0V, T9H, T9J, T9K, V0A, V0B, V0C, V0E, V0H, V0G, V0J, V0K, V0L, V0N, V0P, V0R, V0S, V0V, V0W, V0X, V8A, V8L, V9Z, X0G, X1A, Y0A, Y1A
Do you have any items that will have additional shipping charges?
Some of our merchandise requires additional shipping time and surcharges. These exceptions are noted on the product detail page for each applicable item.
Can I order an item on www.toysrus.ca / www.babiesrus.ca and ship it to an international address?
At this time, we do not have the ability to have orders placed on Toysrus.ca shipped to international addresses.
How are oversized items handled?
Due to their size and weight, oversized items must be shipped using a freight trucking company. Expedited shipping is not available therefore they are shipped via ground freight. Oversized items usually arrive 7-14 full business days after leaving our warehouse. If you have ordered other products, they will be shipped separately. Sending this item as a gift? Please include the recipient's phone number. Recipient will receive a call to set up a delivery date (Monday to Friday, 9am till 5pm, excluding Holidays).
It's important to note that the freight trucking company is not responsible for carrying the item inside. The delivery fee includes the delivery of the item to the garage or the main entrance. The item will NOT be delivered in the house or apartment. For delivery in apartment building, the delivery might be left at the main door of the building, if a concierge is available. Since the item is likely to be heavy and large, we recommend that you have someone with you to help you unload the item.
What happens if a package is returned to you because it is undeliverable?
Every once in a while, we will have a package returned to us because it was undeliverable. When this occurs, we will issue a full refund for the price of the product plus taxes. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
Why would a package be returned to you as undeliverable?
We can receive packages as undeliverable for the following reasons:
- Missing house number or unit number
- Missing street name, City or province
- Incorrect Postal Code
- Failed delivery attempts or the item was not picked up from the local depot within 5 business days.
- Refused by the recipient.
After you place your order
Tracking Your Order
How can I find the status of my order?
To find the status of your order:
- Select the "Track my Order" link at the bottom of any page.
- If you already have an account, sign in under the Registered Customers section, and click the order number to view additional information about the order.
- If you are not a registered customer or if you don't want to sign in, type your Order Number, email address and Postal code. You may view information about your most recent orders (including tracking information), as well as past orders you've placed on Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us since September 2019.
- After your order is shipped, the status will be updated from Processing to shipped. An email with the tracking number will be sent to you. A shipping carrier may not have the ability to provide a tracking number for up to 48 business hours.
If you need to contact our shipping carriers, please find their contact information listed below:
Canada Post: www.canadapost.ca, 1-800-267-1177
Purolator Courier: www.purolator.ca, 1-888-744-7123
Occasionally, orders are delivered via a carrier that does not offer the ability to track a package. In these instances, the website and the email will not offer tracking information, but will still offer order status and other details. Please read the information below to learn the difference between tracking information and order status.
When can I track my order?
Tracking numbers are assigned to packages at our warehouse almost immediately, and appear in the shipping confirmation email sent to you. It may take up to 48 hours or longer before the package is checked into the carrier's tracking system. Please note that this means even though your package has left our warehouse, the carrier may not be able to provide any information about your package for up to 48 hours or more.
Orders placed on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website may be delivered by one of several different carriers and shipping methods. Therefore, tracking availability may vary depending on the type of item you purchased, the shipping method you selected during Checkout, and the carrier that is delivering your item(s).
My order is late, what can I do about it?
If you are having any problems with your order, please check the order status in Account. If the item is showing as shipped, you can track your package with the carrier using the tracking number provided in the shipped email.
Orders that are shipped via a trackable method (such as Purolator and Canada Post) will have tracking information available. Please check this information if available and read through the following options:
- If the tracking information indicates the package has been delivered, please check with your neighbors or family members. Packages are occasionally left with neighbors, a building manager, or are placed somewhere relatively safe such as your porch, garage, or even behind bushes.
- If the tracking information indicates the package is being returned to us, or if the address is incorrect, it may have been undeliverable.
Finding Your Order Status
Find the status of your order by:
- Checking your email: You entered an email address during checkout. We will email this address to keep you up-to-date about the status of your order.
- Visiting the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website: Go to our website and click your Account at the top of any page. If you already have an account, sign in under the Returning Customers section. If you are not a registered customer or if you don't want to sign in, type your order number, email address and billing postal code under Track my order section. You may view information about your most recent orders as well as past orders you've placed on Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us.
Email About Your Order
After you place your order, you will receive e-mails about your order status. Below are some examples of e-mails you might receive:
- Order Confirmation: This e-mail confirms that we have received your order, and includes your order number. We recommend that you keep this e-mail for your records.
- Shipment Confirmation: This e-mail confirms that your order, or part of your order, has been shipped. If there were any remaining items in your order that were not shipped you will receive an e-mail confirming the shipment of each item. The arrival time of your order depends on the shipping method selected, the item itself, and the destination address specified for the item. The tracking number will be included in this email.
- Important Notice About Your Order: There are a few reasons why you would receive this e-mail, including: difficulty in processing your order, inability to ship your item(s) to the address provided, or cancellation of order.
Delivery of Your Items
The delivery date of your order depends on when the order leaves our warehouse, where the destination address for the item is, and the shipping method.
Please keep in mind that business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays within Canada. You can read more about delivery times and shipping options on our Shipping Methods and Costs page.
When your order is delivered, you should immediately inspect the carton for any potential damage that may have occurred during shipment. Carefully inspect the packaging, as well as the contents of the package.
It's important to note that the freight trucking company is not responsible for carrying the item inside. The delivery fee includes the delivery of the item to the garage or the main entrance. The item will NOT be delivered in the house or apartment. For delivery in apartment building, the delivery might be left at the main door of the building, if a concierge is available. Since the item is likely to be heavy and large, we recommend that you have someone with you to help you unload the item. You will be contacted after the item ships to arrange a delivery date and appointment window. Your order will be delivered inside the threshold of your residence or garage.
Changing or Cancelling Your Order
After you have clicked "Submit", you may not be able to cancel part of your order or your entire order. You can contact our Customer Service for assistance however we have a very limited amount of time in which to cancel your order, as our system is designed to fill orders and get them on their way as quickly as possible. We will attempt to contact the warehouse however the cancelation will not be guaranteed.
Your credit card will not be charged if your order is canceled however if you used a Gift Card to pay for your order, you may not receive credit back for a time period of up to 3 to 5 business days.
Cancellations Due to Order Processing Difficulties
Occasionally an order or part of an order may be cancelled for various reasons. Some reasons are:
- The item(s) are not available.
- Your payment information could not be verified.
- The shipping address could not be verified.
If your order is cancelled, you will receive a notice regarding your order via e-mail. You will not be billed for any cancelled items.