Donate to Starlight Children's Foundation Canada
Starlight Children's Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for seriously ill children and their families. Working with more than 130 hospitals across Canada, the Foundation provides an impressive menu of both in-hospital and outpatient programs and services. A leader in delivering distractive entertainment therapies, worldwide over 85,000 children benefit from Starlight's programs each month and over 12,000 in Canada alone.
How we help
- Each year in November and December our Employees and Customers raise funds through the sale and purchase of Starlight Stars in Stores and online.
- We are the proud Presenting sponsor of the annual Starlight Foundation Gala which raises more than $800,000 annually.
- Toys"R"Us also supports "hospital happenings" and sponsors a series of initiatives for Starlight parents and families including:
- 44,000 Starlight Fun Kits were sent to children in healthcare facilities across Canada in 2015.
- Over 350 Starlight Fun Centers are currently in hospitals throughout Canada. With each gaming system being played over 5,000 times a year, it means children in healthcare facilities across Canada used our Fun Centers over 1.2 million times.
Since our partnership began in 1998, Toys"R"Us Canada has donated more than $16 million to the Starlight Children's Foundation.
Visit the Starlight website at http://www.starlightcanada.org