Buyer Protection Plan
Let's face it, kids will be kids. When it comes to playing with toys and games, kids enjoy them with a carefree attitude - as they should! That's why we're here to take away any worry.
Our best-in-class Service and Replacement plans ensure you're covered if your protected product fails unexpectedly.
We make it easy to protect your products so that you have time to enjoy them! Just take a look at our hassle-free service:
- Only 1 phone call for all replacements and repairs. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- No out-of-pocket expenses for protected product repairs or replacements
- Convenient "R"Us Gift Card reimbursement on replacement plan
- Repairs made through our nationwide network of professional service providers
- Free, transferable coverage for easy gift-giving
- No lemon policy on all protected products
We offer a number of coverage benefits. Here's a breakdown of what our coverage includes:
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Failures from normal wear and tear
- Damage caused by power surges
- Defects in materials and workmanship
- Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) on select eligible items*
- Replacement Plans begin on day 46
- Replacements on all eligible items under $200
- Service on all eligible items $200 and above
- FREE shipping for plan included
- And more!
*For details, click here to view Terms & Conditions.
Eligible Products for Coverage:
Most of the items on our site qualify for Buyer Protection Plans.
Covered products include:
- Software and Electronics
- Game Consoles**
- MP3 Players/iPods**
- GPS Devices**
- CD/DVD Players
- Digital Cameras**
- Digital Frames**
- Clock Radios/Boomboxes
- Pre-Paid Cellular Phones**
- iPod Docking Systems
- DVD Movies
- Power Wheels
- Swing Sets
- Wagons/Pedal Cars
- Baby Strollers & Swings
- Breast Pumps
- Car Seats
- Radio Control Cars
- Electronic Musical Instruments
and much more!
**These products qualify for Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage. For details, click here to view Terms & Conditions.
We offer 2 different Buyer Protection Plans, based on the price of the product you'd like to protect. You can choose from a Replacement Plan or a Service Plan:
Replacement Plan: Our Replacement Plans are intended to cover products under $200.00. These plans provide 15 months of coverage from your date of purchase, and the start on the 46th day. Reimbursements made are in the form of "R"Us Gift Cards.*
Service Plan: Our Service Plans are intended to cover products over $200.00. Plans are offered for two and three years and coverage begins on the date of purchase.*
* Limitations and exclusions apply. To view full plan details, click here for Terms & Conditions.
† Video Game Bundles plan only covers what is in the original box. Additional protection on other accessories is sold separately.
Terms & Conditions
For a full list of all the Terms & Conditions for the Buyer Protection Plan, please click here.
How do I file a claim?
It's easy! Simply follow the steps below:
- Have your receipt as you may need to refer to it during your call.
- Call Asurion at 1-866-881-0881 for referral to the nearest authorized service center. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Tell the Asurion representative which product needs service and the nature of the problem.
- You must call Asurion prior to having service, as all repairs must be authorized in advance.
How do your plans work?
We offer 2 different plans, based on the price of the product you'd like to protect:
- Replacement Plan: This plan covers items under $200. It begins on the 46th day after purchase and covers you for 15 months from the date of purchase and reimbursements will be made in the form of "R"Us Gift Cards.
- Service Plan: This plan covers items over $200, and begins on the date of purchase. You are given the option of a 2 or 3 year coverage plan.
The Service Plan also offers specific coverage for video consoles/bundles (only what is in the original box). Additional protection on other accessories is sold separately.
Who is Asurion and how are they involved with my Buyer Protection Plan?
We have partnered with Asurion. to provide you the best in Buyer Protection Plans. BPP provides full service and support for all of our offered plans. Any additional questions, please contact Asurion at 1-866-881-0881.
Price Match Policy
We will Price Match an item available for purchase in our stores or on our websites to another Canadian retailers’ price following the criteria listed, and subject to the exceptions, listed below:
We will Price Match other Canadian retailers within 14 days of the purchase date with the original receipt.
We will Price Match ourselves if we lower the price for the item you bought within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt.
The item sold at Toys R Us Canada must be identical to that sold at the other Canadian retailer.
Price Match applies to items offered at regular price or on sale.
To claim a Price Match, the other Canadian retailer's advertisement must be shown with the lower price currently in effect (i.e.: show retailer website, digital/printed flyer or receipt from another retailer showing product description, price and date).
We do not accept shelf labels or pictures of shelf labels.
The other retailer must have the advertised item in-stock and be available for immediate sale in the same local market area.
Our Price Match Policy DOES NOT apply to the following:
Offers with limited quantity/door crashers
Advertising errors and/or misprints
Special Sale prices including: Online only offers, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Friends and Family or Boxing Day/Week
Rebates or free/bonus/gift card offers
Canadian retailers that charge a membership fee (i.e.: Costco)
Online marketplaces or other 3rd party resellers (i.e. Amazon, eBay)
Clearance items/Closeout/Liquidation sale/Clearance centres
Special financing offers
The Price Match cannot be combined with other Toys"R"Us Canada offers. Other conditions may apply.
How to request a Price Match
Store Purchase: Visit you local Toys“R”Us Store with the original receipt as well as the advertisement of the lower priced product to request Price Match. Price Matches for an online purchase cannot be processed in our Stores.
Online Purchase: For price match of an online purchase, please submit your request here.
If your original payment was made by cash, debit, credit card or mobile payment, then your refund will be applied using the same method.
If your original payment was made by merchandise credit, gift card, eGift Card or Paypal, or you have a gift receipt, then your refund will be applied using a ToysRUs merchandise credit.
Buy online, pickup in store
Buy online, pickup in store is a program that allows you to purchase your favorite items online, but pick them up in your local store!
You save shipping and get your items fast!
You will receive a "Ready for Pickup" email confirming the item is in stock and ready to be picked up.
Note: Orders are usually ready for pick up within three hours when ordered during Store hours.
Please check store hours on our site before picking up your order.
What are the benefits?
- You get your items fast AND, you don't have to pay for shipping!
- No worries, Pick up that Last Minute Gift with ease
- Be the first to pickup new items and new releases
How does it work?
All items eligible for the Buy online, pick up in store program will have "Free Store pickup" message.
You will be presented with several options for delivery based upon your needs. If you choose the Store Pickup option, just follow a few simple steps when adding the item to your cart:
- Click on the specific item you are interested in.
- When you are ready to add the item to your cart, you are given the option to "Select a Store".
- Click on "Select a Store".
- Enter your postal code and we'll check for product availability in the stores closest to you.
- If the item is available, there will be an "Add to Cart" button next to the store location.
Is every item eligible for pick up?
Not all stores and items are available for the Buy online, pickup in store program. You can check each item's availability by looking for the "Free Store Pickup" message on each item detail page.
Can I pick some items up at a store and have some shipped to my home?
Of course! No need to place multiple orders. Just be sure to check mark the appropriate selections either when adding to your shopping cart or during checkout.
Can I select multiple pickup stores in one order?
Yes, you can! Simply select the appropriate store locations for each item you add to cart and your order will be processed accordingly. Just remember that you will be required to pick up the order at each location selected; we do not allow anyone other than the purchaser to pick up a store pickup order.
Do I pay online or in store?
Your credit card, PayPal account and/or gift card will be charged online.
Can I change the store, once I've selected it?
If during the checkout process you change your mind and decide you want to pick up the item at a different location or ship it instead, not to worry, you can edit the item in the "How to get it" section during checkout with just a few simple clicks. However once the order has been placed, there is no way to change the store location.
Store Pickup order status
Store Pickup items will display tracking information within 15 minutes after your order is placed.
How will I know when to go to the store?
You may go to the store after you have received the "Ready for Store Pickup" email.
How long will the store hold my order?
Your Ready for pickup email will provide you with detail for the number of days in which to pick up your order; typically, this will be 3 days from the receipt of the "Ready for Store Pickup" email. If, after 3* days, your order has not been picked up, your order will be cancelled and a refund will be processed back to original method of payment.
*Note: At certain times of the year Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us may change the time frame in which you have to pick up your order in order to better accommodate our customers and store associates. Please be sure to check your Ready for pickup email for the exact time frame.
Do I need to bring anything to the store when I pickup my order?
Yes, you will need the following items when picking up your order:
- Ready for Store Pickup Email (1 for each store selected)
- Valid ID: Driver's License or government- issued ID
Where do I pick up my order?
After receiving your "Ready for Store Pickup" email, go to the store that you selected as your pick up destination. Proceed to the Customer Service area and present the "Ready for Store Pickup" email along with your valid ID. The store associate will retrieve your order and complete your transaction.
How do I cancel or return my purchase?
The order will be automatically cancelled if it is not picked up within 3 days of receiving your "Ready for Pick Up" email and a full refund will be posted to your original payment method.
Returning your purchase is easy. Simply visit Customer Service at any Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store and bring your "Ready for Pick Up" email which contains a return barcode to assist in expediting the process.
Are there any restrictions?
There are a few restrictions you should be aware of:
- You will not be allowed to pick up your order without the Ready for Pickup email and a valid ID.
- Pre-Ordered items are not eligible for Store Pickup.
Sign up for a one-on-one personal registry appointment at your local Babies "R"Us store at a time that is convenient to you. You can set up an appointment online, by calling your local store or by calling our Customer Service team.
Another convenient way to get your product in your hands! Shop online, choose a pick up location and pick up anytime at your convenience. Click here for more information.
Gift wrap service is currently unavailable on our website and in our stores. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Gift Cards Help
Redeeming a Gift Card
Toys“R”Us Canada honours all Canadian issued gift cards. We will not accept gift cards issued in the U.S. or other countries.
Redeem a Canadian issued Gift Card or a Canadian Issued eGift Card online
- Go to babiesrus.ca or toysrus.ca and select the items you want to purchase.
- When you are ready to checkout, click "Shopping Cart".
- Proceed through the checkout.
- Enter your gift card number and PIN from the card on the Payment Page and click "Apply Gift Cards." When making a purchase online you may redeem up to three Canadian issued Gift Cards per order.
You may use eligible promotional codes when placing an order that can be paid for with Toys"R"Us Gift Cards.
Please make sure you hold on to all Gift Cards used in your purchase until your order arrives. If your order cannot be fulfilled, credit is issued or you need to return any items, credit will be issued on the original method of payment, starting with the Gift Card, if applicable
Redeeming Canadian issued Gift Cards at a Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"US Store
At the register, present the Gift Card as you would any other form of payment. If you are using an eGift card, please ensure to print and present the eGift Card email showing the eGift Card Number, PIN and Bar code. The amount you spend will be deducted from your Gift Card balance.
How Can I Purchase a Gift Card Online?
- Go to our Gift Card purchase page, or click on this link and follow instructions to checkout.
- The "eGift card" allows you to email a card to a recipients email address which they should receive within a half hour.
- Once you have selected the type of Gift Card you'd like to purchase (Standard, eGift or Personalized Gift Card), you'll need to select the dollar value you would like loaded to your Gift Card.
Rules and Regulations for Gift Cards:
- Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash or returned for a refund.
- A maximum of three Canadian issued Gift Cards may be applied to an order.
- Canadian issued Gift Cards may be applied toward the price, shipping, and tax charges for eligible items.
- Paper gift certificates that were purchased in Toys "R" Us stores may not be applied to online orders.
- We will not accept gift cards issued in the U.S. or other countries.
Checking "R"Us Gift Card Balance
- For balance inquiry, call 1-866-345-5656
DISABILITY COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
through eSSENTIAL Accessibility™
A virtual wheelchair for our website
Individuals who have trouble typing, moving a mouse or reading can't access the web without assistivetechnology.
This icon certifies that our website features eSSENTIAL Accessibility:
AODA Multiyear Accessibility Plan and Commitment
It is the foundation of a Disability Community Involvement initiative launched in association with leading advocacy groups for the disabled.
Click on this icon to visit www.essentialaccessibility.com where assistive technology is available free of charge.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility features an array of keyboard and mouse replacement solutions to enhance user experience and to help make the web accessible to all. These "alternative input methods" include a webcam-based hands-free movement tracking system that allows users to overcome any physical limitation. It also includes a web page reader.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility can be used on a standard PC by anyone with dexterity limitations that arise from a variety of conditions including:
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's disease
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Age-related factors
Moreover, it also helps those who have difficulty reading because of:
- Literacy deficiencies
- Limited English proficiency
- Dyslexia or similar learning issues
- Mild visual impairment
Toys "R" Us (Canada) Ltd., is proud to be a Founding member of this Disability Community Involvement initiative to create shared value. It reflects our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, CorporateCitizenship and Social Responsibility.