A 2022 Forest of Reading: Yellow Cedar Award Nominee!
An illustrated book about the digestive system and microbiome for young readers, from famous (and funny) scientist Dr. Jennifer Gardy.
Everybody eats, and everybody poops. Pretty ordinary stuff, right?
But what happens in between is far from ordinary! That's where your digestive system--also known as your gut--works its magic.
It Takes Guts is an excellent, science-based resource for classroom learning and home-schooling for kids age 9 to 13, with information about:
- The surprising role that food and digestionplay in your mood and immune system.
- The amazing tools your body uses to break down food including acids, which do their thing without burning a hole in your stomach!
- The incredible truth that not all bacteria is bad! Billions of "helpful bacteria" belong in your gut.
- And so much more.
Dr. Jennifer Gardy also takes stomach-turning detours to investigate the science behind burps, barfs, and farts, proving that learning about the wonderful world of your gut--takes guts!
Author - Jennifer Gardy
Illustrator - Belle Wuthrich
Format - Hardcover
Publisher - Greystone Books
Published - 2021-09-13
- SKN: 569882
- ID: 44695B46
- UPC: 9781771645010
- Brand: RainCoast Books
- MFR Number: 1645010
- Ship to Quebec: Yes
- Maximum Order Quantity: 5
- Toysrus Recommended Age: 8 - 12 years
- Registerable: Yes
- Language: English
- Gift Wrap: Gift wrap is not available for this item
- Item Height: 9.12 inches
- Item Length: 7.41 inches
- Item Weight: 1.21 lbs
- Item Width: 0.71 inches
- In Stock
Free Store Pickup
Currently Credit Card is the only form of payment supported for pre-orders.