Placing an Order
Ordering from www.toysrus.ca or www.babiesrus.ca is fast, easy, and secure. Click here to review our secure shopping guarantee for more details. If at any time you need assistance please contact our Customer Service Group at 1-800-TOYSRUS (1-800-869-7787).
Here are the steps to place an order:
- Find the Items you want
- Add items to your shopping cart
- Proceed to Checkout
- Enter Billing & Shipping Address (if a new customer)
- Select Shipping Option
- Select and Enter Payment Options
- Complete Your Order
- Print Your Receipt
- Find the Items you want - you can search by keyword search or by using the left navigation and filter by categories/brands/ages.
- Add items to your shopping cart - Click "Add Item(s) to Cart" from product detail page.
- Proceed to Checkout - Click "Proceed to Secure Checkout"
- Enter Billing & Shipping Address - If you do not have an account with us you will be asked for your billing and shipping address. If you have an account with us, enter your email address and password and click "Sign In".
- Enter Billing Address - Enter your billing address in the appropriate spaces, and indicate where you would like your order to be sent. When you're finished, click "Continue Checkout." Your name and billing address must be entered exactly as they appear on your credit card monthly billing statement to avoid any delay in the authorization process. If you are not paying with a credit card, this information will enable us to contact you about the status of your order.
- Enter Shipping Address - If the billing address is not the same as the shipping address you will be prompted to enter the address that the order will be shipped to. We offer the option of splitting your order to be sent to multiple shipping addresses.
- Select Shipping Option - Select a shipping option for your items, and click "Continue Checkout."
- Select and Enter Payment Options - Verify your billing address, and enter your payment method.
- Promotion/Discount Code - If you have a Promotion/Discount Code, enter it in the box under "Promotion/Discount Codes" and click "Apply."
- Gift Cards - If you wish to pay using a Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us gift card, enter the gift card number from your card and click "Apply Gift Cards."
- Confirm that your billing information is correct, select a payment method, and click "Continue Checkout."
- Complete Your Order - Please review your entire order including your shipping address, shipping method(s), and billing information. At this point, you can still edit the information. You will see your applied discounts and promotions, total charges, and gift options. Once you've verified that all the information is accurate, complete your purchase by clicking on "Send My Order."
- Print your receipt - After you complete the checkout process, the "Thank You For Your Order" page will appear with your order number, the date, and the total amount of your purchase. Print this receipt and save the order information for your records. You will need the information on the receipt to reference your order should you have any questions.
Please note: We cannot change or cancel an order once it has been placed. See the Changing or Cancelling Your Order page for more information.
Set up an Account: On the "Thank You For Your Order" page, you have the option to save your account information and become a registered user. Enter a password in the space provided, confirm it, and click "Sign In." Setting up an account allows us to store your order history, billing address and shipping address for your convenience. It also offers you the ability to check the status of and track your order(s). The password keeps your information secure and assures that only you can access your account.
Ordering from a Baby Registry
Buying a gift for an expectant mother and her baby is easier than ever! You can purchase items online from a Baby Registry and the corresponding registry will be updated once you complete your purchase. Please make sure that you add the items to your cart after searching for the registry so that we can update the corresponding registry and avoid duplicate gifts.
Here are the steps to purchase items from a Baby Registry:
- Search for the Baby Registry
- Add item(s) to your cart - Click "Add to Cart" from the Baby Registry page or the product detail page. To confirm that the items will be updated from the baby registry, please verify that there is a note on the shopping cart. i.e. "From Donna Smith's Baby Registry".
- Complete your purchase - Please keep in mind that the default shipping address will be the baby registrant if not specified during Checkout.
Please note: We do not display the complete Baby Registrant mailing address for privacy reasons however we do have the complete address on file.
Multiple Shipping Addresses
Can I ship to multiple addresses?
Absolutely! Shipping to multiple addresses allows you to send products in your shopping cart to more than one shipping address in just one order. For example, if you would like to send items in your order to two different addresses, enter both addresses in your Address Book during Checkout, and select the destination for each item when instructed. You can also select a different shipping method for each item. You do not need to place separate orders.
Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us online gives you the option to save items you would like to buy in your Shopping Cart until you are ready to purchase them. It works in the same way as a shopping cart in a retail store. Items in your Shopping Cart will remain there until they are purchased, removed, or moved to your Wish List. If you come back at a later time and find items still in your cart, please remember to check on their availability. Our system will not check the availability of the items until the checkout process.
Here are some of the things you can do with the items in your Shopping Cart:
- Update the quantity: If you would like more or less of an item in your Shopping Cart, simply type in the quantity you wish to purchase and click "Update Cart."
- Remove a product from your Shopping Cart: If you change your mind about an item, click on "Remove from Cart," or change the quantity to zero and click "Update Cart."
- Return to shopping: If you wish to continue shopping after reviewing the contents of your Shopping Cart, choose one of the options under "Continue Shopping" and continue to search our website. You can return to your Shopping Cart at any time by clicking on "Shopping Cart" at the top of the page.
- Proceed to secure checkout: Once you're done shopping, click on "Proceed to Secure Checkout" to purchase the items in your Shopping Cart. Our Checkout process is fast, easy, and secure. See our secure shopping guarantee for more details.
- Move a product to your Wish List: If there are products in your Shopping Cart that you want to save, but don't wish to purchase, you can move them to your Wish List by clicking on "Move to Wish List" link located under the quantity.
- Baby Registry purchases in your Shopping Cart: If you add an item(s) to your Cart from The Baby Registry or Wish List, this item(s) will be identified as such in your Cart. The corresponding registry or Wish List will be updated once you make your purchase to help avoid duplicate gifts.
Although we try to make sure all of the products you are purchasing are in stock, there are times when one or more of those items need to be backordered. In such cases, we will only charge and ship out the products that are available. This will be outlined for you in your shipment email, advising of the delay of that specific item. Backorder items typically ship 2-4 weeks after the order is placed. If the item is Special Order it will ship in 6-8 weeks. Special order items will be noted on the product detail page.
If an item is on backorder there will be a blue banner indicating "BACKORDERED" on the product detail page over the "Add Item(s) to my Cart". A sample of this is below.
To check the status of your backorder item(s) or if you have any questions regarding your order please contact our Customer Service Group at 1-800-TOYSRUS (1-800-869-7787).
Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us offers customers the ability to pre-order selected items in advance of the manufacturer's general public release date. If an item is a pre-order item there will be a blue banner indicating "PRE-ORDER NOW! Release on" on the product detail page over the "Add Item(s) to my Cart".
Pre-Order items are shipped directly to you once the stated release date arrives and you will be notified of your order status via email. You will not be charged for any item until it is shipped to you. Please note, expected shipment times appearing in your shopping cart specify when an item is expected to arrive at our warehouse. Pre-order items will ship within 1-2 business days after the release date. Release dates may vary based on the manufacturer.